heath tube needed

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at MSN.COM
Sat Jan 26 23:02:13 EST 2008

If the tube goes bad in an sb 230 you are really in hurt city.  While they are rare birds, they can still occasionally be found.  BUT, be prepared to fork out several hundred dollars for one.

There have been a few articles on retrofitting the 230 to use different tubes, but personally I think it is too much effort involved.  Youd be better off looking for another amp..  or crossing your fingers and hoping that someone might have a basket case 230 that still has a usable tube in it...

Ray  wa7itz
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Marty Wb2Fou<mailto:Wb2fou at AOL.COM>
  To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV<mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 5:01 PM
  Subject: heath tube needed

  I need a known good 8873 for my sb-230 amp .

  Or does anyone know of a sub ?

         Marty

  Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL
  Music.

  (http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300000002548<http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300000002548>)

  To post - HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV<mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Archives - http://listserv.tempe.gov/archives/HEATH.html<http://listserv.tempe.gov/archives/HEATH.html>