Solved! -SB-101 AVC Hang/SLow Recovery

Robert Myers rsmyers at ROGERS.COM
Thu Jul 24 21:09:29 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Super detective work.

I'm curious, did Heath address this problem by the time the SB-401 came out?

If so, what did they do to makes sure it didn't happen with the SB-401?

Thanks,
--- Rob VE3JQL

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List [mailto:HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV] On
Behalf Of Dick KF4NS
Sent: July-24-08 6:21 PM
To: HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: [HEATH-TEMPE] Solved! -SB-101 AVC Hang/SLow Recovery

John,
I Had this plague me for years in my HW100 and found out an even
simpler approach to eliminating the problem. All I did was put a diode
in the screen supply lead immediately after the tap to the driver and
before the finals. Worked great and no trouble since then.
73, Dick KF4NS
St Petersburg, FL 33714 USA
Keep The Glow!

----- Original