Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 25 14:03:39 EDT 2008

I have been using Rustoleum American Accents Stone Creations paint for a crackle / wrinkle finish for quite some time.  It does a pretty good job of providing the base for the final color.  However, I have found an even better paint for doing the same thing.  It provides a more even texture and goes on better than the Rustoleum product.  This paint is Plasti-Kote "Projekt Paint" and is called Stone Touch.  As with the Rustoleum product the gray paint seems to work the best.  I got my Stone Touch paint at WalMart but it should be available at many other locations including home improvement centers.

The paint is identified as 11444 Manhattan Mist.

Just spray the paint onto the metal, let dry for about an hour, and then overcoat with the desired color.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com