Frozen band switch on Mohican receiver

Goss, Ed Ed.Goss at JHUAPL.EDU
Tue Nov 4 08:52:12 EST 2008

 I've had good luck with Kroil; see:

http://www.amazon.com/Kano-Kroil-Penetrating-Oil-liquid/dp/B000F09CF4

--Ed, N3CW--

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List [mailto:HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV]
On Behalf Of Mike Bryce
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 4:49 PM
To: HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] Frozen band switch on Mohican receiver

Well gang, the subject line says it all

got escrewed with this "works just fine" mohican

band switch is frozen

I can get it to move with a vise grip, but afraid I'll break out the
wafer switches as the whole switch flexes when I attempt to turn it with
the vise grip.

I've put some teflon micro oil on the shaft where it goes into the
bearing and tried rocking the shaft back and forth.

right now.. unless I can free up the band shaft, this thing is a goner..

I did manage to get the band switch on the broadcast band and the
receiver does work after a fashion

any ideas to free up a frozen shaft like this??

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

To post - HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV