Sb-200 question...

Guy G. Giacopuzzi gggdds at JS-NET.COM
Sat Apr 11 12:00:13 EDT 2009

For all you tech guys...

I recently blew one of the 33 ohm grid resistors on the above...did it
by accidentally powering up into a high SWR load...once I got the unit
apart, I looked up Robert Norgards' "SB-200 Notes" where he talks about
upping the wattage rating on these grid resistors (there's two of them,
one feeding the grid of each tube) from 1 watt to 2 watts....what do you
think about this?  If this resistor hadn't blown, would something more
expensive had blown out?  As far as I can tell, nothing else is
damaged...checked the tube for shorts, looked at other
components...everything else is ok....

Guy,
WA6OQQ