2036 syn. lock

Ken Bakhaus bakken at CENTURYTEL.NET
Sun Apr 19 17:15:18 EDT 2009

I don't know if a similar thing happens with the 2036 but I have a Yeasu =
unit which I use mobile. Sometimes when the engine is not running and =
keeping the voltage at 13 VDC or over, it will lose syn. lock on =
transmit only. Upon reducing output power or starting the engine up the =
problem is cured. Since your problem only happens on transmit, I'd make =
sure your power supply isn't sagging due to aged caps on the higher =
current draw of transmit below the point where the loop is getting =
regulated voltage.

kcb -K8PAO since 59