AstAtic-10D and HW-22A Will they work together.

Jerry Rego Jerry_Rego at COMCAST.NET
Tue Apr 28 04:28:37 EDT 2009

I connected the AstAtic-10D to the HW-22A and I could hear audio spoken in
the mic in the receive circuit.  Looking at the schematic of the
Model 10D Microphone I noticed that the Push to Talk Switch didn¹t break the
connection to the microphone element and the ground was found
On the connector.  The PTT Switch on the mic did ground pin 2 so that the
radio would go into the transmit mode where it seem to work.

On the HW22-A Manual, it showed the PTT Switch breaking the microphone
element when the PTT was not depressed.  Could this be causing the
Pickup of audio in the HW-22A.  Do I need a different type of Mic that
breaks both the Mic Element as well releasing the ground on pin 2?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for your help..

Gus Rego