More SB-200 issues

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Fri Jul 3 21:57:32 EDT 2009

On 3 Jul 2009 at 21:29, Wb2fou at aol.com wrote:

> first off the tubes you have are JUNK . Lots of people I know who have bought them
> have nothing but problems . Pay the money and get good old made
> in the USA ones.

Thanks, Marty:

However, I did buy a pair of Cetrons. Made in U.S.A. $98.00 each. One of them did
the exact same thing the Shuguang tube did. Grid to filament short after less than 1
hour of use.

Personally, I think ALL modern tubes are JUNK, no matter who is "supposed" to have
made them...

As far as I have been able to find out, there are NO tubes made in America now, and
there haven't been for many years.

Those Cetrons, for instance, are NOS, are at least 20 years old, and have been
shipped to he** and gone and back, so have probably been beaten to a pulp.

Ken Gordon W7EKB