SB-102 - more troubles

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Wed Jul 15 09:39:09 EDT 2009

Congratulations for getting gutsy!  For DeOxit (and a batch of other fine products from Caig Products), just do a Google or web search for 'deoxit'.  You'll get a bunch of hits from the manufacturer as well as places to buy it (including Radio Shack and Amazon.com).  Keep us updated on what you find!

73
Bob, WA2CKY

________________________________
From: Brian Wood <wood at LPBROADBAND.NET>
To: HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:13:30 PM
Subject: Re: [HEATH-TEMPE] SB-102 - more troubles

Well, I took the LMO completely out of the rig, which of course required unsoldering some stuff and disconnecting the front panel. It looks like it will be a real treat getting it back together. I can't even tell what the shaft that pokes out the front is supposed to connect to. It just flops around. Guess I shoulda left it alone. But I am pretty fearless about working on this stuff.

My LMO was evidently built by TRW, and is not spot welded. I was able to remove the bottom cover so I can see the variable cap. Where exactly do I spray the lubricant? About the only thing I can get to is a gizmo that has about 5 cams on it.

Where does one buy DeOxit? Any other suggestions?

Brian