[Heathkit] tubes in the HW101

Mark Nace n5kae at SWBELL.NET
Tue Mar 3 22:12:11 EST 2009

Hi everyone,
I seem to remember that a while ago, some were saying that the 6AU6 could replace the 6HS6 in the HW-101, and after realignment it will work okay.  Same base diagram, and roughly the same characteristics, and are both sharp cut-off (I think).

Anyway, does anyone have a verdict on this sub?

Thanks and 73
Mark
N5KAE