HW-101 CW filter

Paul k5rt at VERIZON.NET
Sun May 3 12:08:51 EDT 2009

I refer to screw driver types as "Plus" or "Minus"

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List [mailto:HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV] On
Behalf Of George Babits
Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2009 10:07 AM
To: HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: HW-101 CW filter

Hi Kent,

With the exception of radios that have a winky-blinky instead of a tuning
dial, all my equipment is calibrated in megacycles and kilocycles.  Cycles
is what we are talking about here.  My understanding is that hz stands for
Hertz and I think that was a man's name!  They could have just as well
called them "Marconies" and abreviated that as Mc so then a million
Marconies would have been MMc and a thousand would be KMc.  Neat huh!  And
you would have to differentiate screwdrivers.  The "Smith" would have to be
a common screw driver as we have a Phillips; or that could be a a Smith
Phillips.

I have to also own up to having a "Home," or "fixed" station rather than a
base station.  Police, fire, taxis, and CB'ers have base stations.

Ah the illusion of words,
George
W7HDL

14:23:00