WTB CRYSTAL FOR HW 22

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun May 31 13:53:19 EDT 2009

I don't know about the cost, but International Crystal used to make crystals for the old Motorola tube-type lowband transmitters that utilized frequencies in the 2 MHz to 3 MHz range.  Also, International was the only crystal manufacturer that made the effort to get their crystals actually type accepted for use in commercial FM equipment.

Although a rare occurance, years ago there were a number of off-frequency violations issued by the FCC to a certain large company.  Finally a couple of FCC engineers came out and examined the mobile units including actually taking apart the crystal ovens and seeing just what crystals were installed.  The company had undergone a frequency change a "while back" and non-type accepted crystals had been installed.  The result was that the company was fined a substantial amount of money and they had to get type accepted crystals for the units.

Another thing is that International warranties their crystals "forever".  I had one go bad in a 432 MHz converter that was well over 30 years old.  All that it cost me to get the crystal replaced was the cost of 1 ounce postage to return the crystal to Oklahoma City.  The new crystal came in a little over a week.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com