GC1195/1197 diffusers

Louis Davidson lou at LOUMSC.COM
Sun Sep 20 15:50:35 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

 I am looking to source a new stock of diffusers for these clocks. The
making of the prototype is fairly expensive and I was wishing to gauge how
much interest there is in having replacements for these parts.  I am willing
to foot the cost of development of these parts if there is enough interest.
These parts have no available vendor and the original manufacturer of these
parts (which I believe to be HTP Plastics) has gone out of business. I
understand that most of the owners of these clocks have a sentimental
attachment to them. With this is mind I am pursuing the option of producing
and stocking these parts for the future. They can be easily damaged with
constant removal due to the plastic standoffs breaking inside of them and
when you try to remove the little pieces these diffusers will crack. Also,
some people have either purchased these clocks used or had them in storage
for a long time and some of the diffusers are missing. I don't have a retail
price in mind as I have to see what interest there is to determine how many
to have made on the first run. If you are interested, please drop me a line
at lou at loumsc.com and mention that you are interested in purchasing some of
the diffusers. One other note, I have to supply one of mine to be used as a
model and I don't want to take that risk if there is no interest.

Thanx,

Lou Davidson

Micro Service Center

Designer of the LED mod kit for the GC1195/1197 clocks.