SB-401 and SB-303 Transceive

Mark Johnson mvjohn at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Apr 24 10:57:19 EDT 2010

I don't have the diagrams in front of me, but a thought....Has the pair ever
worked before? The point, the LMO wiring  for the SB-303 paired with the
SB-401 is a bit different than the SB-301, SB-401. On the actual LMO switch
on the SB-401, there are damping or padding resistors added when the SB-303
is used vs the SB-301, SB-401.

Mark V Johnson VE3DJU/VE3LU
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Schnurr" <k4jrs at AOL.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 7:19 AM
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] SB-401 and SB-303 Transceive

Thanks to all who replied. I should have been clearer in my description of
the problem. All cables are hooked up, they are of the correct type and
length. All switches are set in the proper positions for operation. The
feedback I get is on receive. It is the microphone circuit feeding back into
the receiver audio. If you have everything set and put the frequency control
in locked (seperate) things are fine. When you move the control to unlocked
(receiver controlling frequency) the feedback begins. The problem is
something that is switched by the frequency control switch. If you unhook
the LMo cable between the two the problem ceases.  Thanks to all and we will
keep looking.

Jim

To post - HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV