SB-301 LMO Tubes

Jim Schnurr k4jrs at AOL.COM
Fri Jul 23 15:14:02 EDT 2010

I have an SB-301 I am finishing up the dial mechanism and getting ready to power up and checkout. I have one early schematic that shows an 6BZ6 in the LMO and the book I just got shows an 6CB6A in the LMO.  I did take an 6CB6A out of the LMO and it checked bad. I have new tubes for the radio  all around but wonder what tube to put in the LMO position.  The serial number on the sticker is 938-3557 if that is decipherable at all. I am tending to go with the 6CB6A since that is what came in this receiver. Any thoughts on this subject that could show the way.

Thanks, Jim