Heathkit Marauder (HX-10) for sale

Kent Kressenberg krkress at BELLSOUTH.NET
Fri Mar 19 08:06:17 EDT 2010

I, too, have an affinity for older radios... some would say boat-anchors. I
do own ONE modern HF rig, an Icom IC-718 and it's nice to be able to change
bands without re-tuning sometimes. BUT, there's a certain, undeniable reward
in operating a rig that actually takes some skill and finesse to use...
My Heath HW-101 and HW-12A are both treasures I'd be loathe to part with,
and hiope to but another HW-16 someday, as that was my first bought (and
self-built) rig.
I also run a Kenwood TS-520 and Drake TR-4C.
Here's to relics like my radios... and ME.

73 de WB4SYU,

Kent

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Pollacks" <rinkies at ATT.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: Heathkit Marauder (HX-10) for sale

They'll have to pry my Marauder from "my cold dead hands."  But since you
want to sell it, I give the same advice as I did recently when there was a
discussion about shipping a DX100.  Don't.  You're with a hundred or so
miles of a huge population, and by publicizing on this list and area club
newsletters and swap nets, you'll find a buyer, especially since you're
willing to bring to Dayton.  Nice clean Marauders (like yours appears to be
on your QRZ) page are not easy to come by!

By the way, I applaud your taste in boatanchors.  I have most of the stuff
you have in your photo!

Good Luck

Ron K2RP