SA-5010

Terry Perdue k8tp at COMCAST.NET
Tue Sep 21 18:39:54 EDT 2010

Sorry to be contrary Jeff, but moving C4 could not possibly have made a difference in memory capacity. That mod was apparently made to correct some touch sensitivity issue that I don't recall. Even if the high bit of the memory address was shorted - the only thing I can think of that could possibly halve the memory, the firmware would not operate properly. As long as yours works properly now, I guess that's what's important.

I really can't comment on the speed, except to say that it should be based on the number of times the word PARIS is sent in one minute. You might try that if you haven't.

73, Terry