SA-5010

Dave Edwards kd2e at COMCAST.NET
Tue Sep 21 21:36:50 EDT 2010

On this subject, by the way.....
I was on a forum recently where a touchkeyer   I think model P1 was the
subject.
Everybody was raving about it like it was the hottest new thing.
I don't usually jump in and stir the bee's nest, but in this case I had to
chime in and
mention that its yesterday's news.....I've had a touch keyer since the late
'80s and my
SA-5010!!
Yes, this instantly made me better than all of them :-)
....Dave

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terry Perdue" <k8tp at COMCAST.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:39 PM
Subject: SA-5010

Sorry to be contrary Jeff, but moving C4 could not possibly have made a
difference in memory capacity. That mod was apparently made to correct some
touch sensitivity issue that I don't recall. Even if the high bit of the
memory address was shorted - the only thing I can think of that could
possibly halve the memory, the firmware would not operate properly. As long
as yours works properly now, I guess that's what's important.

I really can't comment on the speed, except to say that it should be based
on the number of times the word PARIS is sent in one minute. You might try
that if you haven't.

73, Terry

To post - HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV