SB-104A audio problem?

Alexander N. Gerli ac1y at NC.RR.COM
Mon Sep 27 14:46:46 EDT 2010

Hello, folks!

I've noticed something odd about my SB-104A. Radio works very well, but in
order to get proper TX audio out, I need to run the mic gain almost full on.
The audio appears fine on the scope with the mic gain up that far, but
something's not right. I would expect the audio gain to be 50% or less for
typical full output. Using a standard EV-638 (HDP-121) Heath/EV mic. And,
that mic works FB with my SB-102.

On tuneup, the radio puts out full power with the mic gain less than 50%.
Now, that's correct.

Anyone have any idea which board to start with?

73,

Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. (Sandy) Gerli, AC1Y-G5CPJ
5805 Newhall Road
Durham, NC  27713
919-489-9638

CCA #AC9800001

Scotsmen drink about 5 gallons of alcohol each year.
Scotsmen walk about 200 miles each year.
Scotsmen get about 40MPG.