[Heath] Question

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 11:52:54 EDT 2011

The tube-type equipment seems to have more output from, especially, the heterodyne oscillator.  I have an SB-650, along with an SB-303 and SB-401 in right now for a client.  When the SB-303 is hooked to the SB-401 the SB-650 does not read correctly on the 10-meter band and is flaky on 15-meters.  However, when hooked to an SB-301 along with the SB-401 it reads fine on all bands.

Now when used with one of the transceivers, since there is not an additional load on the heterodyne oscillator from the transmitter, it works fine.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com