[Heath] HA-14 prices

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Tue Feb 1 22:50:24 EST 2011

Yes, they are not that rare.  Most sit on the shelf like this one did.
What is rare is to see one actually being used by anybody.
Often it takes a homebrew AC power supply since so few of THOSE
were sold. The DC supply is not that attractive.  Who is going to want to
run 1 KW hf mobile? Not many cars can support it or tpolerate the RFI
to the computer ssystems used nowadays.

They have always sold very low in the past. Maybe they are climbing now
like the SB200s and SB220s have been.

It seem slike th ebest I remember is that -

A)  20 years ago you could buy a nice SB200 for $200 - 250; now they run
about $300 - 400 (ASKING prices anyway!!)

B)  20 years ago you could buy a nice SB200 for $350 - 450 now they run
about $500 -600 (ASKING prices)

C)  20 years ago you could buy a nice HA14 for $150 - 200 now they
would correspondingly sell for about $250 - 300, and perhaps more to the
right buyer who really wanbts one badly enough to pay a premium price
for it.  I would guess that the DC supply is a small plus. But the AC supply
would really be appealing to most buyers nowadays.

YMMV - AF4K