No subject

Mon Jan 10 18:43:28 EST 2011

the problem Tom. The VFO could have been modified for another transmitter power supply,
or it might have been wired incorrectly to start with!  Check the large 10w dropping
resistor mounted on a terminal strip, it should be around 10k ohms and the voltages on
the 6CH8 should be around 105 volts. You might look for ripple on the HV supply as well.
I assume you have checked the tubes. Also, check to see that the neon lamp and the 0B2
are firing...they do go bad once in a while. The transmitter should be keyed and not the
VFO as stated in the manual.  If you suspect a modification, it would pay to get a full
copy of the manual.

al - wa9hsl

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov