No subject

Mon Jan 10 18:43:28 EST 2011

DX-35, DX-40, and, it seems, also the DX-60, crystal
doors, I am seriously considering trying to make some
reproductions.  "Everyone" is telling me that if I
find two to "please" let them have the "other" one!

My father was in the heating and air-conditioning
business in northern Indiana and I used to help him
when I was in high school and college.  Thus, learned
how to work with sheet metal.  This started 40 years
ago, but, I still have some of his tools (he died in
1985).

The cost of the aluminum is minimal, the cost of the
paint will be a bit more.  The real cost will be in
labor to fabricate and the time it takes to paint.

Anyway, in the next day, or two, I'm going to see how
much time it takes to do the job.  If they "turn out"
OK (including painting), then I'll see about getting
the "correct" gray paint to overspray the black
wrinkle paint that is now available locally.  Then,
I'll be able to give a price (I'm trying for a cost of
around $10 plus postage).  I don't think that is too
much.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Glen, K9STH