No subject

Mon Jan 10 18:43:28 EST 2011

download of a reader.  Then select IrfanView.  Then
select English.  This will take you to the download
for the Irfanview.exe.

When this is installed on your computer, you can print
any photo type of file (gif, jpg, tif, etc.) and it
will come out on an 8.5 X 11 inch page.

Also, you can use Adobe PhotoShop or other graphics
program to reduce the size of the page.  Select photo
size and change the width to 8 inches and the height
will be automatically changed.

A problem with the gif and some other formats is that
it enlarges the page size because the file was
originally saved at a higher than 75 dpi resolution.
Gif seems to be only able to handle 75 dpi and thus
enlarges the page size to get the "detail" that you
get from 300 dpi on a jpeg.

I have done both to get the page down to a printable
size.  However, when dealing with an original of 8.5 X
11 inches, IrfanView does a very good job of taking
care of the enlarged page sizes.

K4XL converts the text pages that are uploaded to BAMA
to gif because they take up less room on the server.
For photos, the jpeg gives a better resolution, and he
normally leaves them alone.

Glen, K9STH

--- Ed Wright <edwardwright at HOME.COM> wrote:

Here's my problem guys. I downloaded IrfanView ftp for
BAMA and I can't shrink the size of some pages.

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com