No subject

Mon Jan 10 18:43:28 EST 2011

=20
This is a HW-101 that has undergone extensive rebuilding and =
restoration. It does not transmit. I have not worked on this rig for =
over a month, due to limited time to persue the hobby and I am very =
tired of chasing my tail trying to get all the gremlins out of this =
radio.=20
=20
I procured a second HW-101 for parts and have literally rebuilt about =
85% of the first radio using new parts and recycled parts from the other =
101. After extensive troubleshooting I finally got the first portion of =
the alignment done and moved on to the transmitter alignment. This is =
where things got stalled.=20
=20
Due to limited time (I'm not teaching night school) working 12 hour =
days, I do not have the time or inclination to pursue troubleshooting =
this rig.=20
=20
So, if you want a challenge let me know. The HW-101 comes with the full =
assembly manual (original) plus all the Heathkit service bulletins, all =
the docs on what was done to the radio, a 2nd cabinet top and bottom, =
2nd VFO, all original knobs, spare meter, a can of Heath Green spray =
paint for the cabinet(s) that is the proper color (from Total =
Electroncis in NC) and muffin fan for cooling the final cage. All the =
tubes have been checked on a transconductance tube tester and are good. =
About half the tubes were purchased new form Antique Electronics.
=20
No power supply. I have only one and that belongs to another Heathkit =
station.
=20
$75 plus s/h (I use FedEX as they are cheaper, faster and better than =
USP).=20
=20
PLEASE, private e-mail only.=20
=20