[Heath] HO 10 scope question (Update)

K5MLC (Mike) k5mlc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 12 10:28:48 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the great ideas! Here is an update on the HO 10 scope project: I opened her up and gave her a good look over, looking for obvious burned stuff, loose stuff, etc. I unplugged the tubes and did a visual on those, and returned them to their sockets. I measured the caps and resistors and found nothing "way out," although several of the hv resistors are higher in value and are on the "replace" list. I found nothing obviously damaged, so I plugged her in and switched her on, again watching for anything unusual.  The tubes lit up. I waited, but no trace on the CRT.  I decided to let her remainon and "cook" a while ~ after 10-15 minutes - finally, here came a trace!  I have repeated this scenario several times, and I have even put her in the "loop" and monitored my signal FB.

So, any ideas about what to replace to eliminate the "wait" time? All the tubes are reasonably priced except the 6C10!  That one is pricey! (On, and BTW, I do have the assembly manual and schematic.)

Thanks for everyones assistance.

Mike

Chuck, Hayseed has a recap kit listed for an HR 10, but not the HO 10.  But it looks like they would assemble one for me if I requested it. Thanks for the info.