[Heath] soldering stations & Alps switches

Ron ra.ah at verizon.net
Mon Jun 13 15:31:07 EDT 2011

I have a Weller WES51 soldering station that I am happy
with. The unit is temperature controlled and will accept
from very thin tips (1/16" or so -- good for SMD work)
up to wide tips (useful for point-to-point tube circuits).
I've had it for 3 or 4 years and so far have had no problem
whatsoever. It cost about $100 (on sale) at the time.

-- Ron