[Heath] Need info.............

Jeramy Thibodeaux kg4azt at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 25 09:42:07 EDT 2011

Ed,

I can see where the confusion comes in as this part number has been assigned
at least two different values.

SB-220 Amplifier
Part Number 45-78 is listed as 9uH RF Choke

HL-2200 Amplifier
Part Number 45-78 is listed as 10.3uH RF Choke

This does make me wonder where else this part number was used and I don't
even want to speculate how this happened but it does create a dilemma.

If you want to be absolutely sure of the value, Neil has the right idea by
stating that the part should be measured.  However, I feel this may be
easier said than done as it does require a few pieces of test equipment that
many hams may not own.  With parts count minimum orders now days it is
almost impossible to build a cheap circuit to help in this situation either.
These kits were designed to be put together and operate with little test
equipment and once working they are almost bullet proof.

I have never owned either of these amps but do wonder how critical that
value is in circuit?

Wondering what others have to say????

Jeramy
kg4azt