[Heath] Need NEW replacement knobs for Heathkit VF-1

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Mon Jun 27 18:47:59 EDT 2011

On 27 Jun 2011 at 14:48, Jeff Tranter wrote:

> It doesn't mention VF-1 but maybe these will work:
> http://k9sth.com/uploads/Heath_knobs.JPG

Yes. The small knobs are the exact same as those used on the VF-1.

Two items of information:

1) The present uncombined cost for a set of replacement DX-35/40
knobs as shown on Glenn's site ($56.95) is exactly the same price I
paid for my entire original DX-35 transmitter in 1956.

2) The VF-1 is an excellent VFO when built (or re-built) properly. I
have several of them. In fact, after replacing the 6AU6 with a 6AH6
as Glenn suggested a long time ago, and the 0A2 with a 0B2 (150VDC
reduced to 108VDC), my VF-1s key better and are more stable than the
HG-10 VFO. I modified one of my VF-1s for grid-block keying and use
it with my HW-16.

Details here:

http://www.w7ekb.com/glowbugs/VFOs/heathvf1.html

Ken Gordon W7EKB