[Heath] Need NEW replacement knobs for Heathkit VF-1

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Tue Jun 28 12:04:00 EDT 2011

On 27 Jun 2011 at 19:04, Glen Zook wrote:

> Comparing the value of the dollar from 1956 to 2011 at
>
> http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm
>
> shows that the price of the DX-35 in 2011 would be $465.76!

Mine at http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

gets $451.64 by 2010.

> Or, going the other way, the price of the knobs in 1956 would be
> $6.96!

And mine gets $7.19.

I most certainly was NOT complaining about your prices, Glenn!

I was simply trying to show that the value of our dollar has
deteriorated very significantly since 1956.

In fact, if you trace the value of our dollar from 1800 to 2010,
$1.00 in 1800 would equate to $12.65 in 2010.

And what is MOST interesting is that the value of our dollar stayed
pretty much the same from 1800 to 1913....when it began its nearly 45
degree down-angle.

1913 was the year when both the income tax and the Federal Reserve
were put in place.

Ken W7EKB