[Heath] Need NEW replacement knobs for Heathkit VF-1

G3OOU at aol.com G3OOU at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 18:05:39 EDT 2011

In a message dated 28/06/2011 18:43:36 GMT Standard Time, gzook at yahoo.com
writes:

Hi Glen

I have had a number of SB101s through my hands with that knob broken. Where
 the broken off part is still available they can be repaired with epoxy
resin  glue and a metal support fitted into very small drilled holes in each
part. For  the metal I first used part of a needlework pin and then part of a
10BA or  12BA bolt where the thread gives a better grip to the adhesive.

A metal support should have been used in the original design as the SSB/CW
filter switch can be fairly stiff to operate, even in good condition and
that  knob has very thin material. The PA loading control is much easier to
operate.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns
C Eng,  FIET, MSE
Amateur Radio Callsign: G3OOU
Registered RSGB  Instructor
G-QRP Member No: 6907; Zone: 14, QRA: IO91WH; WAB:  TQ25
Secretary of Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club: _www.g3oou.co.uk_
(http://www.g3oou.co.uk/)
Technical web site: _www.qsl.net/g3oou_ (http://www.qsl.net/g3oou)