[Heath] HW100 final load cap CASE CLOSED

Dick KF4NS kf4nsradio at verizon.net
Sun Mar 6 12:32:35 EST 2011

Well, I sure appreciate all the advice. The Liquid Wrench L3 was left
to set in the front bearing for a day after getting all the SB Blaster
out of the rotor shaft with contact cleaner. The bearing loosened up
considerably so on the suggestion of Jeff N2LXM I gave a little squirt
of some old speedometer cable graphite lube and again let it set until
this morning. It is now as loose as a longneck goose. I am not worried
about the graphite in the bearing since it gets very little movement
even if it needs adjusting.

The tuning of the load adjustment is working full range now. Thanks
again for all the support. Now if only I could stop doing stupid
things. Guess at my age that is never going to happen, it just gets
worse hi,hi.
73, Dick KF4NS
St Petersburg, FL 33714 USA
Keep The Glow!