[Heath] HW-8 part needed

Robert Ryan kd8cbv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 23:26:58 EST 2011

I need a relay for a Heathkit HW-8.  The Heathkit part number is 69-47, and
I can't find a cross-referencre for it anywhere. It is listed as RY1 in the
manual, and I believe it is the transmit/receive relay, but I'm not really
sure. Lug 2 of the relay connects to the positive lug on the antenna jack.
It was apparently made by Jaico Products in Chicago, but there is no part
number on it other than Heathkit's.  I inadvertently broke it off the board
while drilling out the antenna jack mounting hole to replace the RCA jack
with a BNC.  I didn't have enough sense to disassemble the case, and
Murphy's Law went into high gear.  This HW-8 was pristine and worked like a
champ before I just had to make it better!

Thanks.......Bob Ryan, KD8CBV
614-561-4756
kd8cbv at gmail.com