[Heath] Heath Items FS

Ken Simpson, W8EK W8EK at flham.net
Fri Apr 13 15:21:36 EDT 2012

Heath Items For Sale -  HF Wattmeter, SWR Bridge,
Coaxial Antenna Switch, Keyer, Phone Patch,
Desk Mic, Miscellaneous Parts, original manuals,
Dummy Load, and other miscellaneous items:

Heath HM-2140 HF "Peak reading" Wattmeter:

This is the wattmeter that has two meters on it, so it
reads both forward and reflected power at the same time.
It also has a "Peak" position, so it can capture the peak
power, in essence reading PEP output. Forward scales
are 200 or 2000 Watts, and reverse are 50 W or 500 W,
plus SWR scale. It covers 1.8 to 30 MHz, and also has
a battery test position (9 volt battery needed for "peak"
operation). It has a remote sensor with about 3 feet
of cable.

This particular meter works 100%, and looks the same.
I can not find a scratch on it.

With paper work for $95.

Heath HM-15 SWR Bridge:
It is an HF SWR Bridge, with SO-239 connectors on the back.
The front has the meter on the left, and two knobs to the
right. It is the same size as the HD-15 phone patch. This
one works fine and is in nice cosmetic shape. I can not
find a scratch on it. Paper work included for $20.

Heath HD-1234 Coaxial Antenna Switch:

This coax switch has SO-239 connectors arranged so the
coax comes out like the spokes of a wheel. It will switch
up to 4 antennas, and also ground all of the antennas.
It will handle full legal power.

This particular switch works 100% and looks fine also.

With paper work for $35.

Heath HD-1410 Electronic CW Keyer:

This keyer is made to match the Heath SB line of transmitters
and transceivers, although it will work well with almost any
rig made. It is an Iambic keyer, with built in paddles,
although I will be the first to tell you that the paddles
on the 1410 are not near as nice as Bencher paddles, or
any number of other external paddles. A sidetone oscillator
is included, along with a headphone jack. It is all solid
state, and also has a weight in the bottom of the cabinet
to keep it from walking around on the operating desk. It
also has a "hold" control on the front panel, to aid in
giving a solid "key down" to tune an antenna tuner. It
operates on 115 V AC or from 10 to 14.5 volts DC. It will
key either positive or negative voltage rigs.

This particular unit works fine, and looks very nice.
I can not find a scratch on it.

Paper work is included for $50.

Bencher BY-1 Iambic Paddle:

True Bencher, and not the MFJ clone. This one
has the black base, with chrome parts. It looks
close to new and works the same. $65

Dentron "Big Dummy" RF Dummy Load:

This is Dentron's equivalent to the the traditional Heath
"Cantenna" dummy load that will handle a kilowatt. It has
a derating curve with it.

It is in good shape both electrically and cosmetically.
It has no rust, dents nor dings.

I measured the resistor and it is 53 ohms, so obviously it
is in good shape. I have never seen any others this close
to 52 ohms!

I can ship it either with or without oil. The cost to
purchase is the same, but of course the shipping will be
higher with the oil.

With derating curve paper work for $45.

Broadband Dipole Antennas:

These antennas are sometimes call "Bazooka" dipoles, but
also go by other names. They are made from RG-8 coax
instead of just wire. They are fed differently, with
both halves of the coax used. The result is an antenna
that is more broad banded than a regular wire dipole,
permitting one to cover all, or most, of a ham band with
a reasonable SWR. Of course these can be put into an
inverted V configuration as well. They have been described
in the ARRL Handbook and ARRL antenna book at various times.

I have antennas for two different bands:

40 meter antenna as described above (approx 66 feet long)
with about 25 feet of RG-8 coax feedline attached, terminated
in a PL-259 connector. $50

10 meter version, about 16 feet long. No feedline on this
one, but there is a place for you to attach your own coax.
$15

Buy both of the above for $60.

Heath HD-15 phone patch / digital interface:

This unit can be used to interface a sound card in a
PC to your transceiver. It was originally designed to
be used as a phone patch, but many have converted them
to a digital interface.

This is the unit with the VU meter on the left and 3 knobs
that match the SB series to the middle and right. Low or
high Z output to the transmitter. The meter makes it great
for setting levels.

This one is all original. It is in great condition.
Paper work included for $22.

I also have parts from a Heath HD-15 phone patch available.
This includes an audio transformer used for digital
interfacing, VU meter, and other parts. Outer cover and
knobs are gone. What do you need?

Deluxe Desk Microphone:

This is a great looking and great performing low impedance
desk mic. It has a quality Shure 600 ohm cartridge in it
(the cartridge alone is over $40 new), with a very nice
black die case base and neck, with a chrome grill. It
looks somewhat like a Shure 444, but no plastic on this
one -- all metal!

This one has stripped and tinned ends on it, which means
any connector can easily be added.

This one looks like new, and works the same. It has a
long (approx 6 foot) cord. $70

Miscellaneous Heath Parts:

I have many Heath SB-630 Station Console parts available.
Most of the internal parts are available, but no clock.
Front panel and outer case are gone, but reflectometer
assembly, switches, etc. are still available.
Please let me know what you need.

I also have parts from a Heath HD-15 phone patch available.
This includes an audio transformer used for digital
interfacing, VU meter, and other parts.
What do you need?

ORIGINAL Heath manuals:
(New manuals have been added)

These are original manuals only, in very
nice condition. Schematic is in the book.

Brochure "Heathkit Specials" featuring the
Twoer, Sixer, SB series, and others. $4

AJ-2520 Digital Stereo Tuner, 1988, $10

GD-600 Photoelectric Light Switch, 1972, $5

HD-1234 Coaxial Switch, 1972, $6

HD-1426 Relative Field Strength Meter, 1977, $5

HD-1481 Remote Coax Switch, 1984, $8

HD-15 Phone Patch, 1965, $8

HFT-9 A Antenna Tuner, 1986, $8

HM-102 HF Wattmeter, 1971, $10

HW-29A "Sixer" 6 meter transceiver, 1964, $12

HW-2021 2 meter HT, 1975, No check marks $9

ID-1290 Weather Station, $10

IM-5284 Multimeter, 1977, $8

IT-3120 FET/Transistor Tester, 1978, $8

SB-634 Station Console, 1974, $10

These are original manuals only.

I also have many other accessories available such as many
different types of microphones, HTs, VHF and UHF rigs, HF
and VHF/UHF antennas, etc.
Just too many to list here. Please e-mail your requests.

Prices do not include shipping from Florida.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson