[Heath] DX-20 Power transformer survival?

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 21:30:10 EDT 2012

There is a chance that the power transformer survived.  Also, if there are problems with the transformer, sometimes it helps to pull the transformer from the unit and then cook it, upside down, on the kitchen stove until the tar melts.  Then, let it cool down for several hours before returning it to the transmitter.

Years ago, the high voltage transformer in my then DX-100 developed a high voltage short.  After cooking it the short disappeared and the transmitter was still working fine 15-years later when I gave it to an employee.

Of course, if you are married, don't do the cooking when she is around!  Wives just don't understand!  Besides, the cooking process can get a little "smelly".

If it doesn't work, then you haven't lost anything except a little time.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com