[Heath] SB-100 vs SB101/102

G3OOU at aol.com G3OOU at aol.com
Fri Apr 20 11:10:42 EDT 2012

Hi Ken

My SB100 circuit does not show any CW filter or switching facility so it
must have been a mod kit put out by Heathkit later in the production  cycle.

I have been able to repair the filter switch knob on an SB101 using a piece
 of a sewing pin and some Araldite (two pack epoxy) adhesive - requires a
steady  hand an a very small drill bit. Alternatively, the other way is to
file off the  remnants of the broken part from the main section, drill a
suitable sized hole  and glue in a small (8BA or 10BA) bolt with a smooth spacer
over it. The latter  method is much stronger but does not look quite so good.

I have put some write-ups and photos on
_http://www.qsl.net/g3oou/heathsparesandrepairs.html_ (http://www.qsl.net/g3oou/heathsparesandrepairs.html)  of
 various repairs.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns
C Eng,  FIET, MSE
Amateur Radio Callsign: G3OOU
Registered RSGB  Instructor
G-QRP Member No: 6907; Zone: 14, QRA: IO91WH; WAB:  TQ25
Secretary of Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club: _www.g3oou.co.uk_
(http://www.g3oou.co.uk/)
Technical web site: _www.qsl.net/g3oou_ (http://www.qsl.net/g3oou)