[Heath] SB-100 vs SB101/102

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Fri Apr 20 12:31:34 EDT 2012

On 19 Apr 2012 at 20:43, Ken Bakhaus wrote:

> I do know that Heath did put out a mod kit for the SB100

And for all subsequent models, for that matter, except the SB-102 which had
it as original equipment.

> which made
> the best position of the driver/preselector to be nearly the same for
> both transmit and receive.

Yes. This, by the way, was the result of an article on that very problem
addressed in QST magazine. The method in that article was more complex
than the one Heathkit arrived at, however.

> The kit had a resistor, diode and maybe a
> capacitor. I did have (don't know if I still do) the manual for this
> mod.

I have that complete mod with all the diagrams and pictorials published on
my website at the link below. It is available for download as either a single
PDF, or as separate pages, all in PDF format.

http://www.w7ekb.com/glowbugs/ModsEtc/modifications.htm

and

http://www.w7ekb.com/glowbugs/ModsEtc/SBM-102-1.pdf

I have other mods and other information for the Heathkit all-banders which I
feel are valuable shown there too.

Ken W7EKB