[Heath] Heath Digest, Vol 16, Issue 17

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Fri Apr 20 12:35:55 EDT 2012

On 19 Apr 2012 at 16:33, Lou wrote:

> Tnx to all that replied...Now what I need are the alignment
> instructions for SB-100..
>
> Tnx
>
> Lou..

The alignment instructions for any of the following models will work just fine.

However, you MUST follow Heathkit's procedure and sequence as closely as
you can, due to the design of the driver grid and plate coil system.

I.e., 80, then 10, 15, 20, 40. 40 is the most difficult.

I have found that aligning in transmit, rather than receive, and carefully
setting the VFO to the center of each band makes a big difference, but you
must keep the final dipped, and the output to a minimum. Use a dummy-
load.

Ken W7EKB