[Heath] DX-20 Transmitter: Results not good

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 14:14:45 EDT 2012

Many thanks to those who responded to the earlier post about the DX-20 I'd been asked to look at by a fellow ham.

On the bench this morning, I found that the high voltage power transformer has an open high voltage (600-0-600) secondary winding.  So, I guess the overheating did destroy that component.

I'll be contacting the owner to see how he wants to proceed on this.  Other than the transformer, it is in remarkably good shape for a transmitter of that age.

My appreciation to you all for your comments.  Perhaps there will be more from this rig in the future.

73         John...     WB4LNM     "One of the hams from Heath"