[Heath] DX-20 Transmitter: Results not good

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sun Apr 22 18:22:31 EDT 2012

On 22 Apr 2012 at 14:14, John Klingelhoeffer wrote:

> I'll be contacting the owner to see how he wants to proceed on this.
> Other than the transformer, it is in remarkably good shape for a
> transmitter of that age.

I repeat: in my humble opinion, the power transformer is not all that difficult
to replace. The power requirments are minimal, there is ample space.

If that were my rig, I most certainly would keep it, find a suitable power
transformer, and put that little dude back on the air.

They are a neat little transmitter. I believe Doug Demaw published some
mods one could make to that rig to enhance its operability, but I would never
do any of those to a DX-20 in the excellent condition that particular one
sounds like it is in.

Good luck, and vy 73,

Ken W7EKB