[Heath] Results of experiment with reactivation of 572Bs in SB-200

Chris Kepus ckepus at comcast.net
Wed Aug 8 16:53:42 EDT 2012

Ken,
Thanks very much for this interesting, if not depressing, summary of your
experiments with the Chinese tubes.  No wonder you're headed towards the
4CX250Bs  (Lots of us will be interested in that one! :-))

Good fortune came my way recently with a discovery of a SB-200 that was
inadvertently "hidden" by other items on a top shelf in an back bedroom
closet at a moving sale. It followed me home grateful for my more aggressive
search for goodies. Cosmetically very nice, the layers of dust over the
internals suggest many years of non-use.  No burned components, Cetron 572Bs
installed, and no mods.

After reading your entire message, I wonder if you have incorporated any of
the more credible mods in your SB-200's? Soft-start, "Measures" VHF
parasitic suppressors, etc.?

Thanks,
Chris
W7JPG