[Heath] SB-101 100khz crystal ajustment

Jerry Rego Jerry_Rego at comcast.net
Fri Dec 14 02:48:37 EST 2012

Is there an alternate way to adjust the 100khz crystal on an SB-101.  I read the instructions in the alingment section of book and I really dont have a receiver that receives wwv.  Plus I don't really understand what they want me to do with it.

Is there a point I can connect to the frequency counter and just read the frequency off or a place that I can compare it to a frequency generated 100 KC signal.

I have two frequency generators.. one that can put a 1kc signal modulated on a signal as well as a function generator that can produce a 100kc sine wave.

On the frequency generator that puts a 1000 kc out I am not sure how close the frequency is.  But I can put the generated signal on the frequency counter (recently calibrated within the last two years) so i can suspect it is accurate.

any help would be appreciated

Gus Rego

Ak4yg
via