[Heath] Trade: HW-101 for something awesome

David Goncalves davegoncalves at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 11:48:37 EST 2012

The HW-101 (with my rebuild notes, rebuilt P.S. and original
Electrovoice microphone) has a new home now with Bernie in North
Dakota, who came up with a box full of sample bottles of Williston
Basin crude oil, magazines and bumper stickers for the oil extraction
efforts there.

I was a rock hound for many years, and samples of crude oil are very fasinating.

Bernie had this to say about his new acquisitions:

> I peeked through the cover while receiving for a hours this afternoon, and
> was totally amazed at the pristine condition of all boards.  Absolutely no
> dust!!  After a few hours warm up listening to stations on 40-20-15 I went
> to our "net frequency" 3.937 and tune up into a dummy load.  Everything
> tuned up beautifully, loaded correctly and I just used it to check into our
> 5 pm (CST) with excellent critiques on audio and output. This is a gem I
> shall treasure the rest of my life.

I'm glad to hear that this radio is back on the air in fine form
(perhaps better than original!) and making somebody happy. This
experience has been alot of fun for me and I hope to many of you
Heathkit fans out there too.

So, I've decided to go for a second round! See my next email for details!

Best of Luck!

David Goncalves
W1EUJ