[Heath] Trade: HA-14 SSB Amplifer and HP-24 for something VERY awesome

David Goncalves davegoncalves at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 12:25:26 EST 2012

Similar to my HW-101 deal, this is a restored set of equipment. As you
might know, the HA-14 was Heathkit's "SSB-Only" amplifier where the
power supply and amplifier sections were separate. I feel like the PS
transformer is smaller than the SB200 that this amp is similar too.

Both have perfectly intact paint jobs, replaced resistors (except
parasitic suppressors), rebuilt PS (with additional HV fuse), replaced
cable assemblies. I was thinking of replacing the old-fashioned and
somewhat hazardous Millen connector, but even I found the cost of
modern HV connectors and cables far too high.

***NOTE: The PS rebuild kit was done by Harbach Electronics and all of
you out there with HP-24s NEED to bug Jeff to make that kit available
to all those out there with such supplies. It makes a good general
purpose board for 572B amplifiers of similar style too. Anybody with a
HP-24 PS to lend should also contact Jeff, so that the testing on the
board and manual can be completed; my PS was far too stripped down to
fully write an accurate installation section ***

Manuals and notes will be sent with the setup too.

This I consider to have greater value than the HW-101, so whatever you
come up with has to be incredibly awesome. Great preference is now
given to something you have personally worked on, performed, obtained,
or crafted. If nothing I deem suitably awesome is submitted three
weeks from this email, I will close the offer and hang onto the
amplifier for another day. Still not for sale though...

Again, examples of Stuff Not Accepted:
Money (except if it is a really cool banknote)
Stuff bought just for the purpose of this offer
Swaps for any common electronic equipment
Nothing
Meat Products

Again, good luck!

FYI - there isn't a great treasure trove of pristine Heathkit
equipment in my basement - this is the last of my great pieces and
once it's gone, I'm taking down my workshop shelves to allow for
electrical work in the basement.

--
David Goncalves
W1EUJ