[Heath] SA-2060 tuner question

G3OOU at aol.com G3OOU at aol.com
Sat Jan 28 03:46:03 EST 2012

Hi Chris

I have looked at the schematic for the SA2060A which is not clearly drawn
in respect of the switch SW101. It shows that the output of the tuner is
permanently connected to J3 (single wire) regardless of the switch position.
This may have been a design feature or simply an error that never got
corrected.

You can test this by connecting the tuner to a receiver on say 40m and
connecting just a single wire aerial to each output socket/terminal in turn to
see which give received signals for each position of SW101.

It would appear to require a relatively simple change to allow SW101 to
select a single aerial at a time if you were willing to do that. I am only
working from the manual as I do not have one of these tuners.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns
C Eng,  FIET, MSE
Amateur Radio Callsign: G3OOU
Registered RSGB  Instructor
G-QRP Member No: 6907; Zone: 14, QRA: IO91WH; WAB:  TQ25
Secretary of Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club: _www.g3oou.co.uk_
(http://www.g3oou.co.uk/)
Technical web site: _www.qsl.net/g3oou_ (http://www.qsl.net/g3oou)