[Heath] SB-104 VFO question

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 22:03:32 EDT 2012

Hi, folks,

Well, finally after a two-month 'break' to fix up our (now) nice retirement
QTH and move in, I finally had a chance to try out my kit-built tennis-ball
antenna launcher. Works great, but you gotta aim right. Even though my
80-metre loop is up, the bottom apex is just a few feet off the lawn. At
least I can tune it and get some sort of signal out HIHI.

About the '104. It runs all right, but the VFO seems to tune a bit funny. I
can go across a signal, but sometimes the digits (frequency) jumps a bit. I
tried to adjust the VFO output before I packed it up and thought I had it
right. Well, no I guess not. The manual gives some information on how to
adjust the trimmer inside the access hole on the side of the VFO can, but I
can't seem to nail the output correctly. Once you get to a frequency, it
doesn't drift. But getting there can be a bit of a wobbly tuning exercise.

Anyone have some similar experience and a possible fix they can share?

73,

Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. (Sandy) Gerli

'Corgi Cottage'

548 Allred Mill Road

Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

919-625-7181

A Scotsmen walks about 900 miles each year

Scotsmen drink about 40 gallons of whisky each year

Scotsmen get about 25 miles per gallon