[Heath] Yet more on my IP-27...

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Thu Jun 21 15:56:22 EDT 2012

Well, the unit is back on the bench. Poop! :-(

While I was characterizing it, the 3000 MFD 75 VDC capacitor decided to
"take a hike": i.e., it shorted out internally and blew two of the four diodes in
the FW bridge along with the fuse.

All transistors appear to be OK.

This makes 3 of the electrolytics in that PS which have either been bad to
begin with, shorted out while I was fixing the PS, or shorted out after I had it
working.

I am going to replace ALL of them with new ones.

Gee....

Now, after I replace the caps,  all I will need to do is to find a can of Krylon
"Make it Suede" #1241 Buckskin to re-do the cabinet. So far, no luck on that
yet either.

vy 73,

Ken W7EKB