[Heath] Fw: Heathkit SB-610

G3OOU at aol.com G3OOU at aol.com
Thu Mar 8 14:31:55 EST 2012

In a message dated 08/03/2012 12:24:49 GMT Standard Time, mdilli at nnwifi.com
 writes:

I may be  wrong but I've always expected the capacitance of coax to be
expressed from  shield to center conductor, not serially.  In this case you
would not  have a simple series connection of two capacitors and the
equipment in  question.

Morris

Hi All

If the length of the coax is significantly less than 1/8 wavelength at the
operational frequency then I would suggest that it can be treated as a
capacitor. 93ohm coax has a significantly lower capacitance per unit length
than  an equivalent 50ohm coax.

RG58 is 100pF per metre, RG62 is 44.6pF/m, RG8X is 75pF/m and RG174  is
101pF/m.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns
C Eng,  FIET, MSE
Amateur Radio Callsign: G3OOU
Registered RSGB  Instructor
G-QRP Member No: 6907; Zone: 14, QRA: IO91WH; WAB:  TQ25
Secretary of Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club: _www.g3oou.co.uk_
(http://www.g3oou.co.uk/)
Technical web site: _www.qsl.net/g3oou_ (http://www.qsl.net/g3oou)