[Heath] Marauder measurements?

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 21:23:22 EDT 2012

Hi,

I did some further studying and I think I'm onto something here.

Checked voltages at the PA. 785V on the plate caps, close enough. 215V
screen, close enough.
-141V bias (KU) close enough. No -52V bias (KD), it remains at -141V! AHA...

So, I studied the relay on the schematic and followed the terminals back to
their origins. Pin3 returns the V18 regulator plus to ground on KD, changing
the bias to -52V, effectively enabling the 6146s. Looks like that pin on the
relay either isn't making contact with Pin2, is dirty or corroded, or
there's a mechanical problem keeping the relay tongue from throwing all the
way.

The relay was engaging gradually when I was getting my 75W into the DL. It
still engages only partially and touching the tongue makes it snap right in.
But now Pins 2 and 3 are real suspect. If the 6146s are biased off, there's
no output for sure.

I have the correct Ep on the relay amp tube V9B, 321V, so it's not like the
relay doesn't have the correct voltage to pull in.

Any thoughts?

73,

Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. (Sandy) Gerli
'Corgi Cottage'
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202
919-625-7181

A Scotsmen walks about 900 miles each year
Scotsmen drink about 40 gallons of whisky each year
Scotsmen get about 25 miles per gallon