[Heath] Mohican observations after realignment

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 09:45:38 EDT 2012

Hi, folks,

I went through a full realignment yesterday (sig gen and VTVM) and
everything went pretty much according to the book. There are some problems
still.

On the BC band, with AVC on, strong sigs really overload it causing some
distortion. Actually sounds better with the RF gain backed off a lot.

The other bands were pretty much dead. I could get WWV at 10 and 15 but
weakly. I made certain when aligning the SW bands, to ensure that the image
signal was where it was supposed to be and not "backwards". The manual made
a point of that.

Seems that I need to do more tweaking, but not sure where I should start.
Anyone have some thoughts?

73,

Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. (Sandy) Gerli

'Corgi Cottage'

548 Allred Mill Road

Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

919-625-7181

A Scotsmen walks about 900 miles each year

Scotsmen drink about 40 gallons of whisky each year

Scotsmen get about 25 miles per gallon